Mask Identity










When I think about my identity, there are two things that shape who am I, and they are 1) what I experienced in my past 2) what I want to experience in the future. This mask is divided into two parts which reiterates duality of my identity. The left side of the mask has to deal with my past which I chose to build an up-side-down broken pot. This symbolizes I turned down for pot. I was much different than who I was four years ago before I got suspended. I used to have bad habits and liked to associate with bad people, but after that incident, I changed into someone better in terms of my personality, mindset, habits. The right side of this mask is an astronaut helmet with reflection of the galaxy. This symbolizes me being far away from home. I had to travel for hours to either to Hong Kong or Chicago to visit my family, and this doesn't often happen.

In Process:




Dimensions:
24 inches tall, 20 inches wide, 12 inches depth

Materials:
16 gauge galvanized raw wire, Tracing paper,  Tape, Gel Medium, and Spray Paint(black, brown, blue, white)








Comments