Balsa Wood Sculptures


Texture




Scale



Focal Point



For texture sculpture, I cut the balsa wood into square, then I used the squares to build into cubes. I then used the cubes to build three levels. For each level, there is different textures. I had the hot glue dripped on the top level, then I used pins to poke holes on the second levels. For the outer side, I hot glued white bond paper, and cut a pattern. For scale sculpture, I cut different sizes of square, then I sanded it smoothly, and I stacked them up by sizes with pins connected. For focal point sculpture,  I used balsa wood to build the base, then I use white bond paper to create a funnel shape and put some pins to point to the center.

In Process:



Dimensions:
Texture: 2 inches high, 2 inches wide, 2 inches depth
Scale: 3 inches high, 2 inches wide, 2 inches depth
Focal Point: 8 inches high, 10 inches wide, 10 inches depth

Materials:
Balsa Wood,  Hot Glue, Masking Tape, White Bond Paper, sandpaper and Pins


Comments